Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
With the red and green and the white this is almost Christmasy looking. I love this myself and I hope that the Zaar folks will find that this is something they like just as well as I do. It quick and simple to do too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (used to flavor pan)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup sliced roasted red pepper, from jar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 small romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add crushed garlic and saute 1 minute. Remove the garlic from the skillet and discard.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2-3 minutes. Add chicken cubes and saute 2 minutes. Add peppers, onions, and beans and cook 2 minutes. Add vinegar and pesto and heat thoroughly. Serve salad over lettuce. Garnish with walnuts if desired.
- Exchanges: 1-1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Lean Meat.
I adore salads like this! Having the toppings warm added greatly to the assortment of flavors that danced around in this salad. I also left the garlic in (too good to toss!) and roasted my own peppers. We will enjoy this often and I can see using different veggies and beans to mix it up, as to what's on hand or in the fridge. Thanks Annacia!
Thanks Annacia, this was really tasty and filling. The pesto and peppers give it a bit of an Italian feel. Only change I made was to leave the garlic in the pan. I'll be making this again for sure.
Really unique and tasty. I recommend leaving the garlic in. I also used fresh red peppers and green beans.