Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe provides just enough heat to get those yummy little tomatoes bursting with maximum flavour.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 cups assorted vine-ripened cherry tomatoes or 6 cups grape tomatoes, some halved
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded fresh basil leaf
- In a large non-stick skillet heat vinegar, oil and garlic over medium heat until just simmering.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, and salt to taste and cook, tossing, until slightly tender and heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Toss tomatoes with shredded basil and garnish with fresh basil sprigs.
Tastes great, a wonderful tomato salad! I used a bit more garlic and went heavy on the fresh ground pepper, I love it! Thank you Ev!
This is a gorgeous little side-dish. Truly beautiful to look at, and tastes great as well. I like that you can put this together so easily; it allows you to spend more time on your main dish, while still having a very special side-dish. I really appreciate that. Thanks for posting !
Excellent! These were perfect in every way. Much like a pomodoro, only as a side dish instead of over pasta. A definite favorite.