1 hr 15 mins
This wonderul recipe came from the Southpark Seafood Grill in Portmnd , Oregon. I found it in the RSVP section of Bon Appetit Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Using 3-inch-diameter round cookie cutter, cut round from each bread slice and arrange on baking sheet.
- 3Toast bread rounds in oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- 5Bring cream, milk, and sugar to simmer in heavy large saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- 6Whisk eggs in large bowl to blend.
- 7Gradually whisk hot cream mixture into eggs.
- 8Whisk in rum and vanilla.
- 9Butter eight 1 1/4-cup soufflé dishes; arrange on rimmed baking sheet.
- 10Place 1 bread round in bottom of each dish.
- 11Top each with 1 heaping tablespoon dried cherries.
- 12Top cherries in each dish with another bread round.
- 13Top each with another heaping tablespoon dried cherries.
- 14Top cherries in each dish with third bread slice.
- 15Divide custard among dishes, using about 3/4 cup for each.
- 16Let stand 30 minutes, pressing down on bread occasionally.
- 17(Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Bake bread puddings until tops are puffed and brown, about 35 minutes.
- 18Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- 19Serve warm with caramel sauce.
- 20Makes 8.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Cherry Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.8
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 360.3 mg
- Sodium 710.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g