1/1 Photo of Warm Cheese & Mushroom Toasts
This makes a delicious appetizer. It is from Fine Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large heavy-duty skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the shallot, season with 1/2 t salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Raise the heat to high, add the mushrooms and another 1/2 t salt, and cook, stirring frequently until softened and browned, 3-5 minutes longer.
- 4(At this point, you can cool to room temperature and refrigerate, tightly wrapped, for up to 1 day. Bring to room temperature before using).
- 5Set an oven rack about 8 inches away from the broiler element and heat the broiler to high.
- 6Arrange the bread slices on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- 7Broil until lightly toasted, 2-4 minutes, rotating the pan as needed for even toasting.
- 8Flip the bread, mound a heaping tablespoon of the mushrooms on each piece, and sprinkle with the Gruyere.
- 9Broil until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 4-7 minutes.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Cheese & Mushroom Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.4
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 848.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: