Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Martha Stewart cheese dip sounds fabulous!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put pecans, butter, brown sugar, 1 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper into a medium bowl; toss to combine. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and sugar has melted, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Process cream cheese, cheddar, and cream in food processor until well combined. Transfer to medium bowl. Stir in scallions, remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt, and remaining pinch cayenne pepper.
- Spoon cheese mixture into 2 round baking dishes (6-7" in diameter and about 1" deep). Arrange glazed pecans on top. Bake until dip is just heated through, about 10 minutes.
I've made this dip several times, and it's always been a hit.
I had this dip for a dinner party last night, and everyone raved about it!! So good and so simple! Great fall recipe too.
Very easy to make and the pecans are delicious on their own. In larger batches they'd be a top-notch party snack or hostess gift. Anyway, have ALWAYS gotten lots of compliments and recipe requests when I bring this. I serve it with thinly sliced Granny Smith apples and Triscuits (let folks have a choice or pile it all on!). It has a great texture in the mouth and a unique flavor combination.Enjoy!