Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from Family Circle magazine. I haven't made it yet but it sounds so good!
Make and share this Warm Cheddar-Vidalia Onion Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place 2 cups onion in a bowl.
- Place shredded cheeses, cream cheese, mayonnaise, thyme and remaining 1 cup onion in bowl of food processor.
- Process until fairly smooth.
- Mix with onion in bowl.
- Spoon into shallow 6-cup baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Stir and bake 10 more minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve with crackers or toast.
I am always looking for an easier way to do things, so I didn't even bring out the food processor. I chopped the onions as fine as I could get them, and just followed the directions to combine. I did stir after 20 minutes. I served with baked pita chips. This was yummy, not only to me, but to everyone that tried it at my church's meeting. Thanks for posting!