Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very pretty and pleasing side dish! I found it on mealsforyou.com. The creamy warm cheese makes the salad superb!
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head curly endive lettuce or 1 small romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 head red leaf lettuce or 1 head radicchio, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mild goat cheese, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously until mixture is emulsified.
- In a large bowl combine endive, lettuce, parsley and half of the dressing.
- Arrange goat cheese slices in a buttered baking pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and bake for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is warm.
- Arrange goat cheese over the lettuce and drizzle with remaining salad dressing.