I found this recipe in the dark confines of my electronic cookbook. I have not tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 red onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2 thick slices
- vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2Cook onions slowly until golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring as needed.
- 3Add mustard and vinegar and cook another 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and add honey, orange zest and thyme, stir to combine.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Preheat grill pan, grill or skillet.
- 7Brush the potato slices on both sides with the vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Grill the potatoes on each side for 4 to 10 minutes or until cooked through and no longer crunchy (time depends on cooking method).
- 9Place potatoes in a bowl and fold in the caramelized onion mixture.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Caramelized Onion and Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g