Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Based on a recipe I found online, this is a warm, sweet and gooey banana dessert that is perfect for entertaining or just dinner with the kids.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 medium bananas, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add sugar; cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- Gradually add sour cream; cook 1 minute
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise and crosswise creating 4 half slices each.
- Add banana slices, cut sides down. Cook 1 minute or until bananas are evenly coated and tender, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Spoon bananas evenly into 4 dessert dishes. Top each dish with 1/8 cup mini chips.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and remaining sauce.
I actually quite liked this recipe, it was simple and quick to put together, and the sauce was rich and creamy and very light coloured. Based on another review, I decided to substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream and it worked out wonderfully. My husband liked his with the chocolate chips (they melt slightly when you stir them in) - I preferred without. Thanks!
The concept of this is excellent, and it's probably personal taste, but I don't like the tang that the sour cream gives this sauce. The recipe comes out fine (be sure to stir the sugar while it's cooking to avoid burning) but I added sweet cream to try to soften the tang, and then tried to reduce the sauce a little.
Very nice recipe :). I used regular sized chocolate chips and it worked out fine. This recipe makes a super quick dessert suitable for company. Thanks Kelbel