Recipe by shelbyrose
You can create an elegant dessert in minutes, and most likely you'll have the ingredients on hand. Crunchy, gooey and warm; chocolate, caramel and bananas; doesn't get much better than that!
Top Review by Love2Eat
This was so easy, so fast, and so good! Made it for DS and I on a whim as a surprise for him...it was done before he could even follow his nose out of his bedroom to see what I was making! Made two changes: skipped the peanuts because neither of us like them and had to use chocolate ice cream topping as I didn't have any baking squares on hand...but it was still delicious. Thanks for a simple dessert that looks elegant and tastes divine!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 medium bananas, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 1⁄2 cup thawed Cool Whip Topping, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add sugar; cook until melted, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Gradually add sour cream; cook 1 minute.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise and crosswise, creating 4 half slices.
- Add banana slices, cut side down, and peanuts to skillet.
- Cook 1 minute, or until bananas are evenly coated and tender, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Spoon bananas into 4 dessert dishes, and spoon sauce over.
- Place unwrapped chocolate square in microwaveable bowl.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Stir until completely melted and drizzle over bananas.
- Finish with a dollop of whipped topping.
- Serve immediately.