Recipe by jonesies
Taken from the Light & Tasty magazine. A spinach dip with a twist, and lighter in calories and fat. Served warm with veggies or baked tortillas chips.
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and milk until smooth.
- Stir in the artichokes, spinach, 6 tbsp parmesan cheese, broccoli, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a 8 inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered,at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.