Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I thought this sounded good.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- In a large skillet, sauté bacon over medium-low heat until browned. Transfer to paper towels with a slotted spoon to drain. Pour out all but 3 tsp of fat from the skillet.
- Raise heat to medium and add potatoes and onion to skillet. Sauté, turning potatoes occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until browned. Add water and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until liquid boils and thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a saucepan; add broccoli. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain broccoli and add to potato mixture along with bacon. Toss to coat with dressing. Serve warm.