Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A warm salad that can be enjoyed anytime of the year. Feel free to experiment with the dressing! Stacey
- 1 lb potato, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- Boil potatoes in salted boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli to boiling potatoes and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes drain broccoli and potatoes, seperate.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
- Add onion and potatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Cook bacon in frying pan and drain off excess grease with paper towels.
- Add broccoli to the pan with the potatoes and warm thoroughly; transfer to a salad bowl.
- Combine remaining olive oil, wine vinegar and mustard to the pan that was used for the onion and potatoes, stirring until warm.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss gently to mix.
- Serve with bacon on top.