Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely salad dressing recipe from Paula Deen that would make me happy to eat salad for every meal & it is certain to be shared w/our friends on a dinner occasion. I hope you enjoy it as I know I will. (The prep & cooking time has been combined & does not include time to cool slightly)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (coarse variety)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add onion & cook till softened.
- Add mustard to saucepan, then the vinegar & stir well.
- Remove rind from Brie & add cheese to the pan, mixing till smooth.
- Let mixture cool slightly & add capers if you are using them.
- Add salt & pepper to taste & serve warm over mixed salad greens.
This was very very good! Unfortunately, my cheese separated as you can see (it's a little lumpy) but the flavour was there for sure. I have a feeling that my pot was too hot. I just love capers and they were great in this, adding the right amount of salt. I used spinach and I think that this rich dressing would be too much for a delicate green. Delicious! Made for my fellow Chef Gone Wild for ZWT8. Thanks twissis! :)
Brie lovers delight!
Very rich but very easy to make. I did add capers and I like the saltiness it added. I dipped some roasted cauliflower in this also. Made for Photo Tag.