Recipe by Jan-Luv's2Cook
This is a Jamie Oliver Recipe for a really tasty and 'posh' looking salad. You will want about 3 large handfuls of rocket. The lettuce should be Oak leaf lettuce if you can get it. But you can use any salad leaves you like. The pancetta must be thinly sliced, or you can use thin sliced dry-cured smoked streaky bacon.
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 12 slices pancetta
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lettuce
- 100 g parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas6.
- Leave the eggs in their shells at this point (you will need to poach them later on).
- Shave the parmesan with a vegetable peeler and put to one side.
- Peel and slice the garlic.
- Remove the crusts from the ciabatta and discard. Tear the bread into finger sized pieces.
- Put them on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and toss with the garlic and seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the bread is crisp.
- Lay the pancetta over the bread and bake for about 5 more minutes - until that's also crispy.
- Mix the lemon juice with 8 tablespoons of olive oil and season.
- Put a big pan of unsalted water on to boil.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad leaves, pancetta, bread and the dressing together.
- Divide between 4 plates.
- When the pan is simmering, gently crack the 4 eggs into the simmering water to poach.
- Simmer for 4 minutes if you like a soft egg, or to your liking.
- Place an egg on top of each salad and add the parmesan shavings.
- Serve straight away - Don't let the eggs get cold!