1/1 Photo of Warm Bread Salad of Crispy Pancetta, Parmesan and Poached Egg
This is a Jamie Oliver Recipe for a really tasty and 'posh' looking salad. You will want about 3 large handfuls of rocket. The lettuce should be Oak leaf lettuce if you can get it. But you can use any salad leaves you like. The pancetta must be thinly sliced, or you can use thin sliced dry-cured smoked streaky bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas6.
- 2Leave the eggs in their shells at this point (you will need to poach them later on).
- 3Shave the parmesan with a vegetable peeler and put to one side.
- 4Peel and slice the garlic.
- 5Remove the crusts from the ciabatta and discard. Tear the bread into finger sized pieces.
- 6Put them on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and toss with the garlic and seasoning.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes until the bread is crisp.
- 8Lay the pancetta over the bread and bake for about 5 more minutes - until that's also crispy.
- 9Mix the lemon juice with 8 tablespoons of olive oil and season.
- 10Put a big pan of unsalted water on to boil.
- 11In a large bowl, toss the salad leaves, pancetta, bread and the dressing together.
- 12Divide between 4 plates.
- 13When the pan is simmering, gently crack the 4 eggs into the simmering water to poach.
- 14Simmer for 4 minutes if you like a soft egg, or to your liking.
- 15Place an egg on top of each salad and add the parmesan shavings.
- 16Serve straight away - Don't let the eggs get cold!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Bread Salad of Crispy Pancetta, Parmesan and Poached Egg
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 233.5 mg
- Sodium 528.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: