Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Cooking Light Magazine. This salad incorporates mushrooms and veggies with bow-tie pasta and a balsamic-Dijon dressing over salad greens. Yum! A meal in itself! Prep time does not include time for cooking pasta.
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta, uncooked (bow-tie pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups red bell peppers, julienned (about 1 large pepper)
- 1 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, finely grated
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting the salt and fat.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic, and saute for 10 minutes. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt in a large bowl.
- Drain pasta.
- Add pasta, salad greens, and mushroom mixture to the bowl.
- Serve with Asiago cheese and fresh ground black pepper, if desired.