Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a long recipe,but will be worth it.It is a restaurant style dessert. If you love blueberries,you simply must try this.One of my ma's recipes! Hope you enjoy it! 8)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease a 8x8x2 pan or 1 1/2 qrt casserole dish,set aside.
- Combine the tapioca,1/3 cup sugar,brown sugar& 1/3 tsp salt& water in saucepan.
- On medium heat,cook,stir.
- Let come to boil,add lemon juice and 1 TB butter,as well as berries.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine sifted cake flour,baking powder,& salt,sift together.
- In small bowl,cream the butter,gradually adding 3/4 cup of sugar -- Add,in small amounts, the flour mixture to the creamed mix,alternately.Combine mixture well,add the vanilla extract.
- Stir the berry mixture,pour into pan.Top with batter,bake 1 hour.Serve warm with whipped cream.
- Gradually adding in 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add flour mix alternatly with milk,small amounts,beating well.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Stir the berry mixture,pour into pan.
- Pour batter over berry mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream on side,if desired.
I found this to be more like an upside down cake than pudding - I may have done something wrong. It tasted a lot like very good blueberry muffins. Served it warm with light cream poured over the top. Very tasty. Reheats well in microwave.