Recipe by chelle keithley
Got this a few years ago from allrecipes.com I HATE blue cheese, but I LOVE this
Top Review by Mitomopa
I made this for a neighborhood backyard bbq and it was devoured in no time. I used the low sodium bacon and brought sliced baguette bread to spread the dip on. I loved the flavors but being a blue cheese lover, would make this with a little more blue cheese the next time I make this.
Thanks for posting!
- 7 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 loaf French bread, cut up in bie size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in large deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high until brown.
- Remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Place garlic in hot bacon grease.
- Cook and stir about 1 min, or until soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- place cream cheese and half and half in a medium bowl.
- Blend with mixer.
- stir in bacon, garlic, blue cheese and chives.
- Transfer to medium baking dish.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with french bread.