Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple, different kind of side dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits, do not drain
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 ounces sliced red beets, drained
- In a saucepan over med-low heat, melt butter; stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and the juice/syrup ONLY from the pineapple tidbits. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add in pineapple tidbits and beets. Gently stir and heat through. Serve.
This was ok but a little more pineapple taste that I would like. I will try this again using less pineapple and also using crushed instead of the tidbits so the pineapple taste blends in a little. Thanks for sharing.