Recipe by Mel Bedggood
A deliciously sweet and low calorie salad. Fresh and light. Serve with warm crusty bread with a spread of butter for a nice meal!
- 3 medium beetroots, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, if available use 4 mozzarella balls, otherwise know as bocconci
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut beetroot stalks off and slice into chunks leaving skin on.
- Place foil onto tray and lay beetroot down. Sprinkle salt on top to cook with and place in oven for 30 minutes or until beetroot soft.
- Once beetroot soft leave to cool down for five minutes before peeling skin off.
- Slice bocconci balls thin and shred.
- Layer lettuce shredded with a layer of the shredded bocconci balls and beetroot.
- Repeat layers until finished. Add salt, pepper , balsamic vinegar and olive oil and stir.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.