- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 medium beets, peeled and grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 3 ounces arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a frying pan with the light olive oil then add the beets and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Cook over a high heat for about 30 seconds then spoon out the mixture on to four plates.
- Crumble over the goat cheese.
- To serve, top each with a little arugula and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a twist of black pepper.