Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I hate coriander, so I have been fiddling with recipes to find a nice "warm beef salad" and this is the result. I love to make this in a big rice bowl, while DH has a steak and chips:)
- 1 steak (rib fillet or sirloin)
- butter lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced (or 2 spring onions)
- 3 slices capsicums
- 4 inches lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 1 sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced (optional)
- cracked pepper
- oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mint sauce
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce (or to taste)
- 1 dash fish sauce (1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
- flatten your steak if it is a thick one, and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- cook till rare or medium, place on board to rest for 5 minutes.
- combine salad greens in a bowl.
- combine dressing ingredients in a small microwave safe container.
- microwave till honey is liquid, mix well.
- slice your steak thinly, and put on top of the greens, pour over the dressing and toss lightly.
We've been eatting a lot of salads this summer and this one is really lovely. Loved the fresh taste of the dressing. Sorry Mumma but couldn't help myself and added some coriander to mine and Daves. xx
A lovely, simple to prepare salad. This is the first time I've made a warm beef salad and I really have to wonder why I haven't tried one sooner. I really love the fat free dressing. A really winner at my house and sure to be prepared repeatedly.
Yummy!!! It's a great quick meal, made this for dinner tonight. Hubby and Little Miss (DD) had it as written except I didn't add hot chilli sauce for their dressing. I had it with chicken tenderloins instead of beef and with the chilli sauce (I don't eat red meat). I used all the optional ingredients as well (mushrooms and avocado) I really liked the dressing, Hubby wanted a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds on it and he enjoyed it. Thanks mummamills for posting your recipe. P.s. coriander would work perfectly in it..