Recipe by Sherrie-pie
A change-around recipe that you can substitute the ingredients for whatever you have in your fridge. The meat should be served warm.
- 2 (170 g) sirloin steaks
- 1 (200 g) bag mixed salad greens
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salad leaves, pepper, avocado and kidney beans together.
- Heat a grill and when very hot, cook the steaks for 2 - 3 minutes on each side, or until medium rare. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat thinly and add to the salad.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients, pour over the salad and toss lightly. Sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately.