Recipe by Kirste
This reminds me of German potato salad. It is great for a potluck or tailgate party.
Top Review by Kellie in SLO
This was sooo very good. I'm on the South Beach Diet and this fit in perfectly with the substitution of Splenda for the molassas, and I used light olive oil instead of the bacon grease.
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup thinkly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (I like rice vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil (or equiv. bacon drippings)
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley
- 2 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine parsley, celery and green onion in a large bowl.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until crisp.
- Remove bacon from skillet.
- Add vinegar, molasses, mustard to bacon drippings.
- (You may discard the bacon drippings and use salad oil.) Add beans to hot dressing; stir to coat.
- Stir bean mixture into parsley mixture.