Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, ends removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large dried shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained 19oz
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- black pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1 cup kalamata olive
- Remove the ends from the beans and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Cook in boiling water until just tender, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frypan over medium heat; cook the shallots until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook until liquid is reduced.
- Drain chickpeas and stir in chickpeas and green beans; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, combine the bean mixture with tomatoes, olives and basil.
- Whisk together the remaining oil with lemon juice and pour over salad; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Not too shabby. Ya even got this Cajun to eat chickpeas... The wife sprung this one on me. Nicely done.
this is indeed great. you MUST use fresh basil; dried just won't cut it.
This is a great salad or side dish! It is superb WARM, but can be made ahead of time and perked up at the last minute with some more fresh basil and lemon juice.