- 1⁄2 lb green beans, ends removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large dried shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained 19oz
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- black pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1 cup kalamata olive
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the ends from the beans and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- Cook in boiling water until just tender, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frypan over medium heat; cook the shallots until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook until liquid is reduced.
- Drain chickpeas and stir in chickpeas and green beans; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, combine the bean mixture with tomatoes, olives and basil.
- Whisk together the remaining oil with lemon juice and pour over salad; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.