Recipe by Sharon123
This is a satisfying salad taken from The Complete Vegetarian by Pam Smith O'Hara, who writes a food column for the Miami Herald in Fla.
Top Review by Rita~
So full of flavor I just love the herbs. I saved the Basil for the end and tossed in just before serving. Giving it a fresh crisp taste. besides the 2 cloves of garlic I added 2 cloves roasted garlic. Added 1/2 cup diced red onions used a mixture of beans, lots of pepper and didn`t need the salt! Keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 4 large sage leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cups cannellini beans, cooked and well-drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup oil-cured black olive
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan combine the oil, garlic and herbs.
- Warm over very low heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add the beans and salt and pepper to taste; toss gently.
- Cook over low heat until the beans are warm and have absorbed the flavors of the olive oil, about 5 mins.
- Remove from the heat, add lemon juice and toss gently.
- Arrange beans on a platter and surround with olives.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.