Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for a way to use my expensive Balsamic Vinegar and Goat cheese. Here it is! You can substitute any greens in this salad, it really seems to be the vinegar that makes the salad. I tried putting some raw mushrooms in this and it didn’t go too well, I’ve also tried adding raw tomatoes to the end product of this salad as well as the cooked ones and that seems okay. If your kale is too bitter or weird add a smattering of salt or lemon juice. If you don’t have white wine add whatever (decent) wine you have. You don't have to use fresh ground salt and pepper but I always do.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 2 blanched kale leaves (or boiled and cooled)
- 1⁄4 cup blanched spinach (or boiled and cooked, you can also use thawed frozen spinach or raw spinach)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed or diced, fresh or canned tomato (if using fresh use one small tomato and also add two tablespoons of chicken broth at the same time y)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walla walla onions (or other sweet)
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped (you can also use coarsely chopped roasted garlic in place of the raw but use twice as much)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Heat Olive oil on low – medium heat for about two minutes, before shimmering add onions, cook about one minute and add garlic, chicken, pepper and salt. Cook until chicken is mostly done then add wine, vinegar and chicken broth, cook three or four minutes until everything is well mixed and heated, add tomatoes (if using fresh tomatoes add them and broth). Heat through and turn up heat to just above medium, simmer lightly five to ten minutes.
- Add about two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the lettuces and kale (and spinach if using fresh) and mix thoroughly.
- Assemble Lettuce mixture, cooked spinach, goat cheese and balsamic chicken mixture from pan in bowls and enjoy!
- cooking times are approximately I have no idea how long this took me.