Recipe by Sophie's Momma
My husband and I had been eating nothing but baked and mashed potatoes (we live in Idaho), so I decided to try potatoes a different way. This warm salad is a HUGE hit with my sour cream-and-bacon-loving husband! It goes great with grilled chicken, steak, or burgers. (This recipe can certainly be modified to make a larger portion for larger groups!)
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Excellent. Love the method of cooking the potatoes. I adjusted the sour cream to fit our taste (a little goes a long way with us). The potatoes were cooked to perfection and the addition of the bacon just put them over the top. I seasoned my potatoes with seasoned salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Made for some tasty potatoes. Thanks for sharing Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)
- 3 medium baking potatoes, cubed and baked
- black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sour cream (adjust accordingly)
- 3 -4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean, cube, and bake potatoes. (Preheat oven to 450°F Cover an 8x12 baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Scrub potatoes and chop into bite-size cubes. Distribute potatoes evenly onto baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and season potatoes generously with salt and pepper. Bake potatoes for 35 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked throughout.).
- Once potatoes have cooled for 5 minutes, transfer to large bowl.
- Fold potatoes, sour cream, bacon, cheddar, and green onions together until well mixed. (Reserve a little bacon, cheddar, and onions for garnish.).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!