Recipe by Vicki in CT
From Southern Living. Great salad dressing. The directions state to puree in blender, however, it works just as well simply shaking in a jar.
Top Review by FlyingCook
This was just delicious and really made the salad. I made it exactly as written and it came together very quickly. Very easy to make and superb with spinach, blue cheese, toasted pecans, and hard boiled egg. I crumbled the bacon on top and got rave reviews from the entire table.
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons course grainy mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 T drippings in skillet.
- Cook shallots and garlic in hot drippings for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add brown sugar and cook stirring constantly for one minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Process garlic mixture, orange juice, and remaining ingredients in blender until combined.
- FYI the cooked bacon is not actually used in this recipe, but you can top your salad with it if desired.