Recipe by breezermom
This vinaigrette is perfect with spinach, escarole, or kale. It's also wonderful served over pork chops! This can be made 1 day ahead, just rewarm before using. From Bon Appetit magazine.
- 4 ounces bacon (about 4 slices)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bacon slices int 1/2 inch wide strips. Cook the bacon with 3 tbsp water in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until the bacon starts to crisp. Add the mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sherry vinegar and 1/4 cup water. Simmer until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Stir in the vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. stir in the chopped parsley.