1/1 Photo of Warm Bacon Dressing for Spinach Salad
Denver cook's Note:
A few years ago there was a restaurant called Victoria Station in Denver. You ate in old trolly cars, where they served the best spinach salad. The warm bacon dressing is what made it. I have searched a long time for this. Here it is...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slice bacon, cooked until crisp & then crumbled
- 78.07 ml red onion (finely chopped)
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46-4.92 ml honey
- 1-2 hard-boiled egg, chopped coarsely
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 85.04 g fresh Baby Spinach (1/2 6oz. package)
- sliced fresh button mushroom (to taste)
- 1Combine spinach and mushrooms in salad bowl.
- 2Cook onion until translucent, in olive oil.
- 3Combine cornstarch, apple juice and cider vinegar together until well mixed.
- 4Add to skillet with onion and heat until boiling.
- 5While boiling continue to stir until mixture thickens slightly.
- 6Stir in honey.
- 7Pour hot dressing over spinach mixture and mix in well.
- 8Add boiled egg and bacon and toss thoroughly.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Bacon Dressing for Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.4
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 539.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g