Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A Daisy Martinez recipe and found at Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Warm Baby Bananas With Dulce De Leche Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar dulce de leche or 1 (10 ounce) jar caramel sauce
- 3⁄4 cup dulce de leche liqueur
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 12 small baby bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- crushed amaretti cookies or almond macaroon
- Whisk dulce de leche sauce and liqueur in small saucepan over low heat until sauce is just warm. Whisk lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in large bowl to blend; add bananas and toss to coat.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bananas; sauté until heated through and beginning to brown, turning gently with heat-resistant rubber spatula, about 5 minutes. Transfer 2 bananas to each of 6 plates. Drizzle warm sauce over. Sprinkle with crushed amaretti and serve.
- * Available at Latin Markets or Specialty Stores/Liquor Stores. If unavailable, substitute 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup rum and 1 tsp butterscotch extract.
Oh, yum. I halved the liqueur and skipped the cookie topping. We tried these with and without vanilla bean ice cream and both ways were great, the bananas can definitely stand all on their own.
This was very good I liked them they way they were but my hubby said next time I need more cinnamon.