Recipe by Tdw75
This is a recipe posted from my favorite restaurants website. Their food is unbelievable so I hope this hold par for the course.
- olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small new potatoes, scrubbed and cooked in boiling salted water until just tender
- 8 oyster mushrooms or 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 lb baby asparagus, trimmed (use pencil asparagus if available)
- 4 cups mixed baby greens, such as limestone, watercress and arugula, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped herbs, such as tarragon, basil and oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- To make the salad, cut the potatoes in half, bush with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill or broil until browned.
- Toss the mushrooms in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sauté in hot oil to brown.
- Place potatoes and mushrooms into a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Blanch asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and spread on a plate; drizzle with 2 T dressing.
- Divide lettuces among 4 plates; arrange potatoes, mushrooms, peppers and asparagus on lettuce and drizzle each plate with 2 to 3 T. dressing.