Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from the 12 Best Foods Cookbook by Dana Jacobi. Sounds like a nice change-up from my usual guacamole!
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf (or parsley for those of us who can't do cilantro)
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray.
- Saute the tomatoes over medium-high heat until they soften, 2-3 minutes. Add the scallions, onion, adn chile pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, salt, and black pepper. Mix gently until the avocado is just warm.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.
Delicious! I have never had warm salsa before and I was very pleasantly surprised. I loved this salsa!! The jalapeno provided just the right amount of zing, and the cilantro put the needed finishing touch to it. I haven't tried it cold yet, but warm...it was yummy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.
**Made for ZWT 8 Spain/ Portugal Pick-A-Pepper Challenge**
This salsa is a nice change from tomato based salsa and those with lots of cheese.
This was so good! I waited a few hours after I made it to enjoy it, so that the flavours can blend well with each other. The lime juice went well with this salsa, and the jalepeno was not overpowering.