Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make main meal salad. It's great for supper.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small ciabatta, torn into small bite size pieces
- 2 (80 g) packagessliced chorizo sausage
- 1 (250 g) packagebaby plum tomatoes or 1 (250 g) package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved,stoned and sliced
- 1 (150 g) bagbaby leaf and herb mixed salad greens
- Heat 2 TBS of the oil in a large non stick frying pan.
- Fry the ciabatta for 8 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until starting to crisp and brown, then tip into a large salad bowl.
- Lay the chorizo in the pan and dry fry for 2 minutes until it gives out a red oil.
- Toss in the tomatoes and cook over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until they start to soften.
- Drizzle over the vinegar, add the sugar and season well.
- Gently toss the avocado, salad and remaining olive oil with the croutons.
- Spoon over the chorizo and tomatoes and drizzle with any pan juices.
- Serve immediately.