Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in a recent Taste of Home magazine. I tried it out on my family and we all thought it was Zaar-worthy. Slightly adapted for my family's taste. This makes a lot so you may want to half the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked penne or 1 1⁄2 lbs penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar (this amount may be too vinegary for some tastes so start low and add up to taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Put the asparagus into an large oblong baking dish.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender; stir every 10 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, prepare the pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Add the onions, vinegar, and soy sauce in the container of a blender; process.
- While processing, gradually add the remaining olive oil in a steady stream.
- In a large serving bowl, add the pasta, spinach, and asparagus; drizzle dressing over all; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with cashews and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
I made this for company and made half a recipe. There were 4 of us - and we had a little left over. I will definitely make again! The only thing I would suggest - is make sure everything else is ready so you can serve it just as soon as you add the hot ingredients. We served it with grilled chicken breast and mango salsa.
We enjoyed this as well. I microwaved the asparagus without the olive oil as I was short on time and calories but otherwise followed the recipe. I will probably add a bit more seasoning next time, say garlic and some fresh herbs.