Recipe by CountryLady
A wonderful spring salad from Peter Martin's restaurant in Kitchener Ontario! Arrange the asparagus on the plate in a sunburst pattern, top it with mixed greens & the warmed dressing for an impressive first course.
Top Review by So Cal Gal
Very impressive salad--both in taste and appearance! My husband and I really enjoyed this a lot! I did omit the dill, and replaced the goat cheese with feta cheese (because I didn't have any dill or goat cheese), but the end result was still wonderful. Thanks CountryLady for a topnotch recipe!!!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus& cook in your favourite manner (steam, boil, roast, your choice but I highly recommend Pan Roasted Asparagus- recipe#84345) until tender-crisp.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl& set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large non stick skillet.
- Stir fry mushrooms until golden& no liquid remains, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic& red peppers& stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add dressing& 2 tbsps of the dill; cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus& greens on the plate, top with dressing& goat cheese; sprinkle remaining dill.