Prep 20 mins
Cook 38 mins
I buy ready to use mesclun, a nice mix of young greens. A nice summer salad for lunch or a light supper. from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (Becel)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 3⁄4 lb sirloin tip steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 12 cups mixed greens (romaine, arugula, red leaf, etc.)
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed,cooked and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour 1/4 cup of dressing over steak in a shallow non metallic dish, turning to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Reserve remaining dressing.
- Grill steak 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium (if steak is about 1 inch thick).
- Let steak rest for a few minutes before carving.
- Slice thinly on the diagonal.
- In a serving dish,toss reserved dressing with salad greens, asparagus,red pepper,cucumber, green onions and coriander, if using.
- Arrange steak over salad, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
This was very nice for our dinner on a particularly hot spring night. I used the hot sauce, the coriander, and I used a marinated, jarred roasted red capsicum (no oil, no fat) in place of the normal red capsicu. After i photographed it, I threw on a few tomato wedges too.