Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in Donna Hay's "Instant Cook" cookbook (A lot more recipes are found on my blog)
- 3 lbs whole chickens, quartered
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 birds eye chile, thickly sliced (chili padi)
- salt & pepper
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2 heads garlic
- Rub the chicken pieces with salt and pepper (marinate for half an hour).
- Place the garlic, cinnamon sticks and star anise under the chicken pieces.
- Place the soya sauce, honey, chilli padi, 5 spice powder, water into a small saucepan over medium heat and summer for 5 minute.
- Brush over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven (200C) for 50 min, till the juices run clear when pierced.
- Serve on a bed of rocket with the roasted garlic.
- Add 2 tablespoon of the roast juices as dressing.