Recipe by MustangMom
Oooh so good! Like a warm apple pie without the crust!
Top Review by Provl8dy in training
Wonderful! I didn't have ice cream so I used a generous dollop of whipped cream and made sure to leave the apples a tad crunchy. Excellent alone or on top of french toast, crepe or other delectable treat.
- 4 large green apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add butter to the skillet, then apples.
- Saute 7 or 8 minutes.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Cook 2 minutes more.
- Spoon the apples into dessert dishes and top with ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream!