Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 sweet apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) unbaked pie shells, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a bowl, toss apple slices together with sugar, flour, salt, apple pie spice, and vanilla extract until evenly coated.
- Lay pie dough flat on a lightly greased baking sheet. Pile apples on one side of dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
- Brush border and opposite half side of dough with milk.
- Fold dough over apples, being careful not to over-stuff or the dough will tear.
- Fold over edges and pinch together to seal.
- Cut several small slits in the top of the pocket with a sharp knife, then brush top with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until flakey and golden brown. Serve warm, or at room temperature.