- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 crisp apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges each (granny Smith, braeburn etc)
- 1 tablespoon sultanas or 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 2 scoops low-fat vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet or pan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and nutmeg, and stir until smooth.
- Add the apples and sultanas (if using), cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Spoon the apples into dessert bowls and top with a scoop of ice-cream.
- Optional extra- sprinkle with some chopped nuts.