Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious low fat dessert.
Make and share this Warm Apple Dessert Compote with Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet or pan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and nutmeg, and stir until smooth.
- Add the apples and sultanas (if using), cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Spoon the apples into dessert bowls and top with a scoop of ice-cream.
- Optional extra- sprinkle with some chopped nuts.
Great because it was so easy, though I think I overdid it on the nutmeg. I left mine cooking for more than 30 minutes though until it was really soft.
This is a tasty, easy recipe that cooks up quick and is good with pancakes.
Not bad but, not the mind-blowing Valentine's dessrt I was looking for. Hubby loved it. But, add more brown sugar, slice the apples thinly, maybe throw in some cinnamon. May make again just because it is easy