Recipe by october sky
With Fall right around the corner,I thought I would share with you my favorite recipe for apple crisp. I know that their are several posted but this is just to good not to list. It mixes together very easily, keeps well, and the top stays crisp. It also can be doubled,by baking in a 9 by 13 pan. Its a favorite among our family and friends, and I have had several requests for this recipe. It is so delicious served with icecream, or just on its own. The crunchy topping adds to the sweetness and compliments the apples. Its a wonderful Fall dessert.
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples (I use yellow delicious mixed with jonathons)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mound apples in a buttered 9" pie plate, and sprinkle with the orange juice.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, spices, and oatmeal.
- Cut in butter until well mixed and crumbly.
- Completely cover the apples with this mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, or until apples are tender, and top is crisp.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve Warm with or without Icecream.
- This can be re-warmed if made ahead of time.