Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
In ‘ The Southern Slow Cooker Bible’ by Tammy Algood
- 8 granny smith apples, cored, peeled, and quartered (Braeburn, Golden Delicious)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml honey or 44.37 ml sorghum
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 591.47 ml granola cereal
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 78.07 ml toasted chopped pecans
- nonfat yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- Place the apples in a lightly greased medium slow cooker and toss with the lemon juice to evenly coat.
- Drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Top with the cereal and drizzle with the butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Spoon into warm cereal bowls and top with the pecans and a dollop of yogurt.
- Serve immediately.