Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In ‘ The Southern Slow Cooker Bible’ by Tammy Algood
Make and share this Warm Apple Breakfast Cereal recipe from Food.com.
- 8 granny smith apples, cored, peeled, and quartered (Braeburn, Golden Delicious)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey or 3 tablespoons sorghum
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup toasted chopped pecans
- nonfat yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- Place the apples in a lightly greased medium slow cooker and toss with the lemon juice to evenly coat.
- Drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Top with the cereal and drizzle with the butter.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Spoon into warm cereal bowls and top with the pecans and a dollop of yogurt.
- Serve immediately.