1/1 Photo of Warm Apple-Almond Pastry
Another Pampered Chef recipe, but one that I haven't fixed yet. With Christmas just around the corner, I thought this might be a good one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature about 1 hour before using it, or microwave it at 20% power for 3-4 mintues, thawed but still cold for easier handling.
- 3Grate 3/4 cup of the almonds.
- 4Make the almond mixture by combing, in a bowl, the grated almonds, sugar, flour, whole egg and the 1 egg yolk, and almond extract. Mix well and set aside.
- 5Prepare the apples by cutting them in half lengthwise, and removing the stems, and seeds, then slice the apple halves crosswise, to 1/4" thick. Set aside.
- 6Unfold one pastry sheet onto a baking pan large enough to accomodate the rolled out pastry, (a pizza pan might be best,) spreading out to 10 1/2" square.
- 7Spreak the almond mixture evenly over the pasty to within 1" of the edge.
- 8Arrange apple slices, creating them into an overlapping pattern, over the filling.
- 9Cut remaining pasty sheet into 9 - 1" strips.
- 10Moisten outer edges of spread dough with water. Arrange five strips diagonally over apples, twisting the strips, then press edges into moisted dough to seal.
- 11Trim excess.
- 12Arrange the fmaining dough strips around the edge of pasty, to creat a nice even border.
- 13Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, pastry should be golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 14Spread the warmed jam over the pastry. Brown the remaining almonds in microwave, by cooking them on high for 5 - 7 minutes. Stirr every 30 seconds. Chop the almonds.
- 15Sprinkle the almonds over the pastry. Then sprinkle with powdered sugar, if you want to. Cut it into squares, then top with ice cream and/or whipped topping. Serve it warm.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Apple-Almond Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 54.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g