Recipe by Messie Chef
Yes, another spinach and artichoke dip recipe! This is my version after trying many different variations. This dip is creamy and easy to dip a chip into, not a hard spread-like consistency. This one has no mayo, and you can substitute fat free items if wanted. I have spared a few calories in my version, without compromising the yummy cheesiness. A favorite around my clan.
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (or regular milk)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream softened cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Add milk, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, pepper and garlic to cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in artichokes and spinach until well blended.
- Spoon into 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of dip.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Broil a few minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, crackers or veggies.