The aroma of this roast made DH and DS drool. I had a beautiful roast from the market and wanted to try simple spices yet aromatic! This is what the doctor ordered for a very chilly January day. DH and DS loved it!
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a plate.
- Rub roast in oil.
- Roll roast in dry mix.
- Place onions on bottom of crock pot.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Throw in remaining rosemary 1/2-1 hr before dinner to send the aroma once again through the house.
- With juice from roast I made a gravy to pour over top of sliced beef just before serving.
- I served with roasted potatoes, broccoli, and fresh made Italian bread.
- Leftovers were shredded for beef sandwiches the following day mixed with the gravy.
- *** I use fresh herbs when possible so measurements are approximate for herbs. Adjust seasonings to taste. I do not use salt and at times am heavy on herbs.